The hair loss problem or pattern baldness due to Androgenic alopecia is a quite common problem that affected a lot of people around the world. The medical data based on the plastic & cosmetic surgery industries revealed this fact that around 60% of the total demographic population, both male and female is affected by the hair loss problem. However, treatment of hair loss with hair transplant is a quite popular option to treat the pattern baldness or problem arises due to the wide forehead or burnt scalp issues. The hair transplant cost is decided by a number of factors involved in it and the type of problem that accelerates the issue is one of them. So, it is better to consult with your Surgeon and get the scalp biopsy checkups to find out the exact cause of hair loss.
The procedure of hair transplant is one of the effective and best treatments that regenerate the original hair roots without having any kind of side effects or discomfort, but there are some misconceptions regarding the harvesting process that made the procedure a surgical one and the remaining steps are all about the artistic part of the surgery.
Here we are clarifying Top 5 Myths prevalent in the Hair Transplant World are as follows:
- The Older People are Not Eligible for Receiving the Procedure: It is a big myth in the restoration world that hair transplant is not meant for older people. The fact is that the restoration procedure can successfully apply to older people as well. The only thing to consider that people must possess a healthy donor supply to fulfill the cosmetic goal of the procedure. If a patient possesses a good amount of hair from the safe donor zone, i.e., the back & sides of the scalp area the procedure can be performed with a great possibility of successful restoration result.
- The Hairline is detectable after the Procedure: This myth is prevalent due to the inexpert hand of the Surgeon. The actual fact is that the outcomes received by the hair transplant procedure are completely undetectable if it is performed by the expert hair surgeon. The aesthetic skills of the Surgeon fulfill the cosmetic goal in order to place the graft in such a fashion that gives you a completely unnoticeable hair transplant results. So, the hairline is not detectable if the procedure is performed by the expert cosmetic surgeon.
- The Hair Transplant Procedure is only for Men: This is one of the big myths that hair transplant is only for men. Actually, the procedure of hair restoration can successfully apply for both men and women. Both the genders are affected by the pattern baldness and the Surgeon recommended the hair transplant treatment to sort out the problem of baldness. So, it is a worthy, safe, and a permanent option to combat any kind of hair loss.
- Someone Else’s Hair can be used for Hair Restoration: No, not at all. It is a great myth in the restoration world that someone else’s hair can be used to fulfill the restoration goal. The fact is that only patient’s own scalp or body hair can be used for the restoration procedure. It is mandatory that patient possesses a healthy donor supply, i.e., the back and sides of the scalp for proving original hair grafts for the transplantation and they grow and behave like normal hairs.
- The Hair Transplant Procedure is Painful: To reduce the effect of pain Surgeon gives the dose of local anesthesia that works till procedure completion. The effect of anesthesia goes beyond 8-9 hours until the procedure is done. However, we can say that hair transplant is a painless procedure and must be performed by the best Surgeon.
In the nutshell, we can say that the myths must be clarified before taking the decision of restoration as it hampers the selection and made us far from the fact and information of the hair restoration world.